[MacTUG] Adobe Reader and the SBOD

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Mon Feb 23 16:03:42 EST 2009

Hi Dani, Think the details of possible work around here....

 From http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b731b3
"• Edit AcroEFGPro90.xml and AcroEFGDist90.xml which can be found in
Contents > MacOS within the Acrobat and Distiller apps respectively.
Scroll down until you get to the part that references SelfHeal
• For every line that references SelfHeal, change the "Requires" tags
from "YES" to "NO" for all of the file resources.
I was able to confirm that this fix works (at least for Acrobat Pro -
haven't tried Distiller yet, but it should work), and to apply it
successfully to other machines using Radmind. Yippee!!!!!! "

Feel free to contact local Adobe rep. to express your concerns on this
self healing "design". ;-)

Steve

On 23-Feb-09, at 3:36 PM, Dani Roloson wrote:

> In a lab environment where the user files are on a NetApp,
> I've attempted to run Adobe Reader as root to set any required
> preference files but I still get the Spinning Beachball of Death
> either as a stand-alone or the internet plug-in.
> Any ideas?
>
> Dani

Steve Hellyer
Pre-Sales Systems Engineer
Education Division (Higher Education)
Apple Canada Inc.
7495 Birchmount Rd.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
L3R 5G2

PH: (905)513-5647
Mailto: shellyer at apple.com or Mailto: phasetwo at apple.com

Apple Training website
http://training.apple.com/

AppleCare Online Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/

AppleCare Technical Phone Support
1-800-263-3394  (basic up and running support)

AppleCare Enterprise Level Support
http://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/

AppleCare Service Locations (Canada)
http://wheretobuy.apple.com/ca_locator/service.html