[MacTUG] ARD User History Report spins or crashes

Dani Roloson daroloso at mfcf.math.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 15 14:49:42 EDT 2008

I have a recent set of 8 machines that I'm trying to get
a User History Report from using Apple Remote Desktop 3.2.
If I say "Rebuild data for report", it tries for over half
an hour before I kill it off; otherwise, it crashes ARD.
I've tried getting it to collect data at 11am but it doesn't help.
Other sets of machines respond almost immediately even with Rebuild.

Any idea where it locally gets the user information? /var/log/wtmp?
Hmm that's empty on all the problem machines.

Dani