[MacTUG] Mac OS X 10.5 Install DVD won't install on a MacBook

Glenn Anderson anderson at uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 1 16:19:36 EDT 2008

This afternoon, I looked into a problem with the 10.5 install DVD (UW
license) not installing on a MacBook (2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo - Black).
It would boot up fine (via holding down C key), and start to install,
but then say it couldn't install on this system.

I erased the hard disk and the problem still existed.

Anyone have any ideas why the install DVD for 10.5 won't install on
this MacBook?

Of course, I am assuming that the install disk that we have under
license is a "Universal one" and thus would install.