[MacTUG] Turning off Bonjour on Leopard

Steve Hellyer phasetwo at apple.com
Tue Apr 29 13:50:03 EDT 2008

Why?  Do you understand the ramifications?  What percent of your LAN
traffic in SLP and Bonjour?
Leopard is different no longer Directory Utility. Now Directory Access
and this reflects just Directory services.
(If you ask me that is how it should be)

We don't want bonjour turned off as we use for several items ("Shared"
for example). But if you must....
Turn off
sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/
com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

Turn on again
sudo launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/
com.apple.mDNSResponder.plist

Think SLP is gone in Leopard. Never had anyone use it and it was
typical to discover printers.  IPP does that.

Steve