[MacTUG] MacBook and Boot Camp: access to HDs and controlling Cinema Display

Marlon A. Griffith m3griffi at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Sep 25 11:50:07 EDT 2006

MacWindows. September 25, 2006 -- Michael Perbix sent us an update to
his report, http://www.macwindows.com/#092006b, of last week
regarding problems with Mac Pro and DMA access to hard drives using
Boot Camp: He also recommends a Windows utility for controlling the
Apple Cinema display from within Windows.

     I did a full update to Windows XP and then re-installed the Apple
drivers.  I also plugged and unplugged my speakers from the back
jack, to the front headphone hack back to the back jack. The RealTek
HD Audio Manager actually recognized the back port and the front
port, and recognized where I was plugging and unplugging from. The
sound then started to work as it should.

     I also found a nice utility called WinACD for controlling the
Apple Cinema Display (brightness etc) from Windows.

     I still have an issue with artifacting of certain colors on my
30" display.  If I dumb the resolution down to 800x600 then back up
to full resolution the color fixes itself until next reboot. I have
yet to find a permanent solution to that.

--
Make it a great day!
Marlon A. Griffith
m3griffi at architecture.uwaterloo.ca

The information in this message, including any attachments, is
privileged and may contain confidential information intended only for
the person(s) named above.  Any other distribution, copying or
disclosure is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient or have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by reply email and permanently delete the original
transmission from us, including any attachments, without making a
copy.  Thank you