[MacTUG] Re: Greetings from U Waterloo

Randy Milthorpe rmilthorpe at apple.com
Fri Nov 4 15:50:20 EST 2005

FYI, and please pass on to the MacTUG, etc
I just delivered a seminar at Waterloo on "Why Mac for Science",
which also addressed the cluster solution.
The cluster is useful to the Arts as a render farm or audio processing.

LIVE WEBCAST:
Accelerating Research with the Apple Workgroup Cluster

Tuesday, November 8, 2005
10:00 a.m. PST
45 minutes + live Q&A

You're invited to attend a free, live webcast hosted by Apple.
Attendees will learn about upgrades and changes to Apple's turnkey
cluster computing technology, the Apple Workgroup Cluster, including
the availability of applications like the MATLAB Distributed
Computing Engine, gridMathematica, iNquiry for Bioinformatics, and
custom software development.

Attendees will also hear from Frank J. Wessel, Ph.D., Manager of
Research Computing Support at the University of California, Irvine,
where they operate a large Xserve G5-based cluster.

At the conclusion of the presentation, customers will be able to
interact live with the presenters to ask questions in real time.

For full details, please visit the registration page at the following
URL and sign up. A limited number of connections are available to
this live event.

To register:
http://seminars.apple.com/seminarsonline/acceleratingresearch/apple