[FemPhys] End of Term Newsletter

FemPhys UW femphys at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 17:49:02 EST 2018

Hello everyone!

We hope you all are having a lovely end of their term so far. Winter has
come early and cold spring is back again but don't fret! FemPhys has some
awesome indoor events for you to end off this term.

Here is some information about these events. You are welcome to also click
on "Event Page" to know more! :

*Mentoring Night*:
Come Meet and Mingle with tons of STEM mentors from all over the world!
Free food will be provided by Perimeter's amazing blackhole bistro!

*Pictures will be taken at this event - we have arranged an opt-out option
which will be completed upon arrival at the event.

o *Thursday, November 29th*

o 5-8 pm

o Perimeter Institute

Event Page <https://www.facebook.com/events/182774805998171/>

*Steeped Thoughts*:

What does it mean to ask feminist questions of the worlds we study

Join Aryn Martin from York University in a talk about addressing this
question and whether having more women in science is the same as having
more feminism in science.

In this talk, Martin will share several case studies. Martin's sites
include searching for fetal cells in maternal blood and searching for tau
protein in autopsied brain slices. The purpose of posing this question, in
this space, is to hear other stories about whether and when and how
feminist science can get done.

o *Friday, November 30th*

o 2:30-4 pm

o PHY 313

Event Page <https://www.facebook.com/events/2306053339624311/>

*FemPhys’s Community Appreciation Party*:

As the term is coming to an end, FemPhys would like to do things a little
differently. We invite you an event celebrating the community we have built
this term. Come out to FemPhys' end of term Party to hang out with the
community, recap this term as well as look forward to a new one!

o *Monday, December 3rd  *

o 4:30-5:30 pm

o PHYS 308

Event Page <https://www.facebook.com/events/756633711350759/>

For more information or updates about FemPhys, please visit our webpage HERE
<https://uwaterloo.ca/femphys/>!

Wishing you a lovely end of your fall term!

<3 FemPhys.