[FemPhys] Events galore! Harassment discussion and nature walk!

FemPhys UW femphys at gmail.com
Tue May 29 08:31:16 EDT 2018

Hi everyone!

There's so much going on with FemPhys right now. Check out the summary of
upcoming events here. We're especially excited to have a relaxing and fun
time engaging with plants on our nature walk, and look forward to having
really productive conversation at the discussion on harassment in academia.

*Tea & Talk *
*Weekly on Thursdays  |  12:30 - 1:30 pm  |  event page
<https://www.facebook.com/events/623101944703367/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A4%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&source=4&action_history=null&ref=4>*
Join FemPhys every Thursday at the Egg Fountain for some iced tea. Bring
your lunch and make new friends! Rainy day location is the FemPhys room:
Phys 104.

*Reading Group*
*Meetups at Tea & Talk  |  online discussion
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/238532336728568/learning_content/> *
FemPhys is starting a casual book club. We will be choosing a new chapter
or essay to read every week. You can read it, talk about it online here
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/238532336728568/learning_content/>, and
even come to Tea and Talk Thursdays to talk about it there! We will link to
digital copies on the group and have physical copies available in the
FemPhys room.

*Facilitating Events Workshop*
*Thursday May 31  |  4:30 - 5:30 pm  |  email to participate*
This brief workshop will focus on how to run effective events and
facilitate discussion at them.

*Harassment in Academia: A Discussion*
*Mon June 4  |  5 - 6:30 pm  |  PHY 308  |  event page
<https://www.facebook.com/events/220354365227849/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A4%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&source=4&action_history=null&ref=4>*
Join us for a facilitated discussion where we'll talk high profile cases of
harassment in physics, analysis of why harassment is so common, university
resources, and better ways to respond. Breaks, content warnings, and snacks
provided.

*Nature Walk*
*Tues June 12  |  5 - 6:30 pm  |  meet at PHY 104  |  event page
<https://www.facebook.com/events/489008764850644/?acontext=%7B%22source%22%3A4%2C%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D&source=4&action_history=null&ref=4>*
Join us for a walk along Columbia Lake! We'll bring field guides to
identify wildflowers, grasses, and trees, enjoy some popsicles, and maybe
do a little meditation. Raindate June 13, same time.

Everyone is welcome to all of our events. Accessibility information can be
found at uwaterloo.ca/femphys/access. Questions are always welcome to
femphys at gmail.com.

Hope to see y'all out there <3

Thanks for listening,