[FemPhys] Fwd: Reading group!

FemPhys UW femphys at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:17:27 EDT 2018

Hey friends,

I'm excited to let you know about our new casual reading group! We will be
choosing a new reading (chapters and essays, nothing too long) each week.
Read it, then come talk about it at our weekley Tea and Talk lunch time
event.

Can't make it to Tea and Talk? Can't wait till Thursday to discuss the
sweet readings we'll be choosing? No worries! You can join our new reading
facebook group online: https://www.facebook.com/groups/238532336728568/
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/238532336728568/>

Our first reading consists of two short chapters from Robin Wall Kimmerer's
book Braiding Sweetgrass. Kimmerer is a field ecologist at SUNY and a
member of the Citizen Potawatomi Nation. These two chapters deal with the
way indigenous knowledge is seen and treated in academia.

Can't wait to talk to you about it!

<3 Cary