[Female-math-faculty] WiM Faculty Luncheon in February and more

Ghazal Geshnizjani ggeshniz at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Feb 11 16:28:35 EST 2019

Dear WiM faculty,

   - First of all, it's time to have another mix and mingle *lunch* with
   your fellow female math faculty!

*WiM Faculty Luncheon in February:*

Date, time and location: *Tuesday, February 26, 12:00 – 1:30pm @MC 5479.*

The Women in Mathematics Committee will provide lunch and drinks. Please
let us know if you can join us: RSVP
<https://goo.gl/forms/GEr8FMs1hDnnkpR22>

   - Next, as I had mentioned before, we are planning two speed
mentoring events
   this March.
      - Speed mentoring #1 is for *undergraduate* math students. This event
      is now scheduled for* 8th of Match from 11:30am to ~1:30pm @DC 1301
      <https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=DC%201301%20&source=calendar>*
      .

The date is changed so it will be part of series of other Math events
scheduled for* International Women day*.

We have recruited some graduate students and external women as mentors but
we still don't have any female faculty from Math. It would be great if we
can have few of you on board as well. Please let me know if you are
interested.

   - Speed mentoring #2 is for *grad/postdoc/faculty*. For now, you can
      just mark your calendars for *March 26th at noon @ MC 5501
      <https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=MC%205501&source=calendar>*.
      For that we will aim for a casual setting to share  ideas, tips and
      experiences among ourselves and with female grads and postdocs.

Looking forward to seeing you!

-----------------------------
Ghazal Geshnizjani
Research Associate Professor
Women in Math Committee Chair <https://uwaterloo.ca/women-in-mathematics/>
Department of Applied Mathematics
<https://uwaterloo.ca/applied-mathematics/>
Waterloo Centre for Astrophysics <https://uwaterloo.ca/astrophysics-centre/>

University of Waterloo, Office: MC 6449   Email: ggeshniz at uwaterloo.ca
Phone: 519 888 4567 X 39146

Affiliate and PSI Fellow,  Perimeter Institute For Theoretical Physics
<http://pitp.ca/>