[Female-math-faculty] Unconscious Bias Event organized by WiCS

Ghazal Geshnizjani ggeshniz at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Jun 2 11:40:58 EDT 2020

WiCS presenting Kathleen Nalty

Despite our best intentions, research shows we all have it – unconscious,
unintentional bias. Unconscious attitudes and beliefs are shaped by all
kinds of influences – some of which we would not agree with or accept on a
conscious level. Yet, these unconscious thoughts influence decision-making
and can have a profound impact in the workplace – on employee engagement;
retention; productivity; relationships with colleagues and customers; as
well as people’s careers. The key is to learn how to recognize your own
unconscious biases as well as practical ways to interrupt them – on
individual and organizational levels. You will also be able to better
navigate hidden barriers caused by unconscious bias and create a personal
action plan in order to enjoy a greater career.

This Event is Open to All in the UWaterloo Community.

We will be holding a RAFFLE for an e-giftcard at the event to a local
business.

The link to join will be emailed on the day of the event to those who have
registered on Eventbrite.”

Eventbrite Link: https://uwunconsciousbiasevent.eventbrite.com

Thank you.

*Maura R. Grossman*

Research Professor

Director of Women in Computer Science (“WiCS”)

maura.grossman at uwaterloo.ca

(519) 888-4567, ext. 37522

(212) 861-8097

[image: Waterloo_MATH_DCheriton_CompSci_rgb2]

[image: cid:8b72eebb-99f3-4ddd-b467-a016a5d4599c]