[FASS] Fall Show, Call for CSW, and Creative Liaison Introduction

Nicholas Boyko me at nboyko.com
Fri Apr 12 13:17:24 EDT 2024

Dear FASSies near and far,

Our board had their first meeting of our term this past Sunday. You can
find the minutes here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15MERgfDoVckQHqxPEjhf-fkQg9AjLyZ2LlzLvNul0P8/edit?usp=sharing>,
but the big hits are:
- Selecting Allie Beldan as Creative Liaison
- Discussing finding a new band leader & reducing stress on show council
- Deciding to do a Fall variety show

*Fall Variety Show*
FASS will put on a Fall Variety show alongside other on-campus groups
on *October
4th*. This show will be for one night only, and will not be a full
production, consistent with the idea of a variety show.

*Call for Fall Chief Script Writer*
For this show, FASS will put on a small number of scenes. The writing of
these scenes needs to be organized by a Chief Script Writer, who will be
the first member of our Fall Show Council, and ultimately will be
responsible for ensuring that the FASS parts of the show are written and
ready.

Given the reduced nature of the show, we feel that this position for this
show is an *ideal opportunity to perform the role for the first time*, if
you have been interested in being CSW but have been hesitant about the
workload.

If you're interested in the job or the work of writing at all, please email
me at *me at nboyko.com <me at nboyko.com>*!

*Creative Liaison - Allie Beldan (She/Them)*
We're excited and honoured to announce that *Allie Beldan* has been
selected as our new Creative Liaison for the 2024-2025 season! She has
performed a variety of roles in FASS, starting with acting in 2019 in
Fantasy & Fandoms, and then as Director for our past two Winter shows, with
some tech work in between. We think that she will do an excellent job and
look forward to what she can do for FASS in the role!

Thanks for all your attention in reading this whole thing, word for word,
and I look forward to seeing you all at our shows this year!

FASSily yours,

Nick Boyko
Prez