[Cs-female-staff] Women in CS lunch for Grace Hopper Students: Wed 14 Oct

Nancy Day nday at cs.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 13 17:05:16 EDT 2009

Dear all --

This a quick reminder that our Women in CS lunch with the students
who attended the Grace Hopper Celebration for Women in Computing
is tomorrow:

    Date: Wed 14 Oct
    Time: 12-1pm
    Location: DC 1301 (Fishbowl)

The undergrad and grad students will be giving a presentation
followed by discussion.

Lunch will be provided.  Please join us!  All faculty, staff, graduate
and undergraduate students are invited.  You are welcome to come even
if you didn't get a chance to send email saying you were planning to come.
There should be lots of food.

I look forward to seeing you there!  The list of future WICS events
is below.

cheers, nancy

WICS Fall 2009 Events (more details to come in email and at http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/wics)

* WICS Lunch with UW students who attended the Grace Hopper Conference this year

Lunch: Wed Oct 14 12-1pm, DC1301 (Fishbowl)
Event open to all. Come hear about what it's like to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in
Computing! Next year, you might attend!  Lunch will be provided.

* WICS Grad Social

Thursday Oct 22 5:00 pm.
Event is for female grad students.
We will be having bubble tea and pastries and play games at the *Bubble Tea Shop*  (the one besides
the Kick-off sports bar) in the plaza. You are also welcome to bring your own favorite game.
To attend, please email mmojdeh at cs.uwaterloo.ca by Oct 16th so we can order appropriately.

* WICS Brown Bag Lunch

Lunch: Wed Nov 18 12-1pm, DC1301 (Fishbowl)
Event open to all. Come for a discussion about what activities/actions you think WICS should be
working on this year!  Please bring your lunch.

* WICS Lunch with UW SCS Distinguished Lecture Series Speaker Fran Allen

Lunch: TBD Thu Dec 3 or Fri Dec 4 12-1pm, DC 1301 (Fishbowl)
Event open to all. To attend, please email wics at cs.uwaterloo.ca between Nov 23 and Nov 27.
Lunch will be provided.
Fran's Distinguished Lecture: Thursday, 3 Dec 4:30pm, DC??