[wics-announce] Applications for WiCS Spring 2017 Committee Now Open

Women in Computer Science Announcements wics-announce at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Mar 8 12:37:28 EST 2017

Hi everyone!

We hope you've all been having a great semester so far.

Since we're nearing the end of the Winter semester, it's time to look
for committee members for next term! We encourage you all to apply,
since this is an excellent learning opportunity. You'll be doing
things ranging from static website development to event organization
and linux systems administration.

If you've applied previously, we encourage you to apply again!

Kindly review the following guidelines before you apply:

~ You don't need any prior experience to apply. If you have a desire
to improve the social and academic environment of women and non-binary
people in computer science, that's exactly what we're looking for.

~ We require a time commitment of 8+ hours per week.

~ Please ensure you'll be in Waterloo for the Spring 2017 term, either
on a co-op or study term.

~ Applications close on Wednesday, 22nd March 2017 at 1pm.

If you're interested in joining us, please fill out this form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdVtfz_JvY5dYuPmQizNH-arPl30mtERev6zlHrJqcjXJyiAw/viewform

Best of luck!

Fatima Taj
Women in Computer Science Undergraduate Committee
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science
University of Waterloo