[wics-announce] Career Panel, Volunteer Opportunities, Tea Party

Women in Computer Science Announcements wics-announce at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Sep 18 15:18:50 EDT 2015

Hi everyone!

Welcome back, and welcome to new students joining us this year. We hope
your first week of classes went well! Here's an update of some upcoming
events and opportunities:

*(Please note that some of our events are women-only
<http://wics.uwaterloo.ca/faq/>).*

*1) CSC & WiCS Alumni Career Panel
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1045200348825799/?action_history=null> *[Open
to everyone]
Hear from Waterloo alumni as they speak about their time at Waterloo,
experience with coop, and life beyond university. A great chance to network
and seek advice!

Where: EIT 3142
Date: Thursday, September 24
Time:
- 4:30 p.m. - Registration and refreshments
- 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. - Career panel and networking session
** Registration is required for this event: https://goo.gl/dYXcGK

*2) Volunteer Opportunities
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14VNYPU-AzeFwig8ZDAbGaDpdXrRhZmkEm8XK6baPK-g/viewform>*
We're extremely excited that a lot of you have contacted us about
volunteering!
We have various kinds of volunteer opportunities from helping with
WiCS-sys, mentoring, photography, and more.

If you are interested, please fill out *this form
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/14VNYPU-AzeFwig8ZDAbGaDpdXrRhZmkEm8XK6baPK-g/viewform>*.
More information about the opportunities can be found on the form as well.

*3) Big CSters Board Game and Tea Party Social
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1184250914925309/> *[Women-only event]
Come out for an evening of tea, snacks, and board games with fellow women
in CS!

Where: TBA
Date: Monday, September 28
Time: 5-8 p.m.

We look forward to seeing you all at the events!

--
Evy Kassirer
Secretary

*If you'd like more updates/information from WiCS:*
wics.uwaterloo.ca/ (You can view our calendar here! More events coming
soon)
facebook.com/groups/wicsUW/
twitter.com/wicsuw