[wics-announce] Clearpath Tech Talk, FemPhys Mentoring night, WiCS Code Party

Women in Computer Science Announcements wics-announce at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 9 17:45:46 EST 2015

Hi everyone!

I hope midterms are starting to wind down and stress levels are returning
to normal.

We have three exciting events coming up:

*1. Clearpath Tech Talk* (tomorrow!)

   - *Where*: MC 4061
   - *When*: Tues. Nov 10, 6:00PM
   - https://www.facebook.com/events/500066816833316/
   <https://www.facebook.com/events/500066816833316/>

Join us for a talk by female engineers from Clearpath Robotics. They will
be discussing the challenges of building autonomous software for deployment
in commercial/industrial spaces, describing their test infrastructure
specific to robotics performance validation as well as good software
practices they adhere to in order to produce robust and efficient software.

Everyone is welcome, and snacks will be provided!

*2. FemPhys Mentoring Night*

   - *Where*: Second floor atrium of the IQC
   - *When*: Thursday November 12th, 6 - 9 pm
   - https://www.facebook.com/events/1010701998976857/

FemPhys is holding a mentoring night this Thursday aimed at physics and
math undergraduates, featuring academics and professionals from physics,
math, and engineering. I've been to a few events with FemPhys and they're
really great - I'd definitely recommend checking this out!

*3. WiCS Code Party!*

   - *Where*: TBA
   - *When*: Monday November 23rd 5pm-midnight

WiCS will be holding a women-only code party near the end of the term! We'll
be bringing some ideas of things you can work on and encourage you to
start/work
on side projects, learn some new technologies, and snack away into the
night. All levels of programmers welcome!

Hope to see you soon! :)
--
Evy Kassirer
Secretary

*If you'd like more updates/information from WiCS:*
wics.uwaterloo.ca/ (You can view our calendar here! More events coming
soon)
facebook.com/groups/wicsUW/
twitter.com/wicsuw