[wics-announce] T-shirts for sale - Arduino workshop - Alumna talk

Women in Computer Science Announcements wics-announce at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Sun Mar 22 19:43:55 EDT 2015

Hi everyone,

WiCS has some exciting things coming up in the next few weeks!

*1. Tshirts!*

We have t-shirts for sale!  You can purchase them for $5!
The design is here: http://goo.gl/v26h0o  <http://goo.gl/v26h0o>
You can choose between the two colours schemes in the above link, and two
styles (fitted or unisex).

*Where to order*: WiCS office (M3 1003) between 1-3
(If you are not free then, email us at wics-ugrad at lists.uwaterloo.ca or
message one of us to arrange a time to make the payment)

The deadline to order shirts is *Friday March 27*

*2. Arduino Workshop*

*When*: Saturday, March 28th 11am - 3pm

We're pleased to announce Luxsumi Jeevananthan's hardware workshop this
upcoming Arduino Day! Lux and a team of mentors will introduce you to
building prototypes with digital hardware and the software needed to
interact with it.The cost of the workshop is just $25. It covers the price
of an Arduino, which you'll get to take home! We'll be teaching you how to
program LEDs and other sensors using an IDE.

Registration is very limited and *first-come first-serve*, so sign up as
soon as possible! We'll be accepting registrations until the workshop or
until we sell out.

*Where to register*: WiCS office (M3 1003) between 1-3
(If you are not free then, email us at wics-ugrad at lists.uwaterloo.ca or
message one of us to arrange a time to make the payment)

*3. Alumna Talk - Alicia Liu*
*When*: Tuesday, March 31, 5:30PM
*Where*: MC 4020

We are excited to welcome Waterloo alumna Alicia Liu as a guest speaker
this semester! Alicia graduated from the Computer Engineering program in
2007. Since then, she's been making waves in the Bay area, in both the
startup and women in tech communities. Alicia will be back at UW to give an
interactive talk on her time as a student, her career choices, and her
journey to balance happiness and success!

Thanks for a great semester so far - we hope these last few weeks of class
are going well :)

--
Women in Computer Science Undergraduate Committee
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science