[wics-announce] WiCS Upcoming Events - New Office Hours - Dinner with Profs - CSters Discussion Circle - Arduino Workshop

Women in Computer Science Announcements wics-announce at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 10 17:30:28 EDT 2015

Hi all!

WiCS is excited to be letting you know about several great events and
updates.

*1*.

*New Office Hours!*We've recently restructured our office hours so as to
better serve you. Check our calendar <http://wics.uwaterloo.ca/calendar/>
for more details.

Feel free to come join us during office hours to hang out, or get work done
on our office terminals.

*2.*
*Dinner with Profs*
*Where:* University Club
*When: *Thursday, March 26th, 5:40 PM

WiM and WiCS are holding a dinner with profs event! Come get to know other
successful women in your field.

Tickets are being sold for $10 in the MathSoc office (MC 3038). The
deadline for picking up tickets is *this Friday.*

*3.* *CSters Discussion Circle*:
* Insecurity*
*When:* Wednesday, March 18th, 6:00PM

This week's discussion circle theme is self-confidence. We've all faced
imposter syndrome - feeling like we don't deserve the success we've
achieved. Inspired by the Write/Speak/Code workshops, we'll be practicing
strategies to own up to our achievements and improve self-confidence. Like
the previous event, we'll also be serving a delicious catered meal! Come
out and meet your fellow CSters!

*4. Hardware Workshop*
*When:* Saturday, March 28th

We are going to be holding a hardware (Arduino) workshop aimed at computer
science students without a background in hardware. Look out soon for more
details on signing up, and get pumped!

--
Women in Computer Science Undergraduate Committee
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science

*If you'd like more updates/information from WiCS:*
wics.uwaterloo.ca/ (you can view our calendar here! more events coming
soon)
facebook.com/groups/wicsUW/
twitter.com/wicsuw