[wics-announce] WiCS Upcoming Events Reminders: Tech Feminism Panel & Sarah Sharp

Women in Computer Science Announcements wics-announce at lists.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Nov 12 14:13:24 EST 2014

Hello! Here's a quick reminder about the Women in Computer Science
Undergraduate Committee's upcoming events.

Tech Feminism 101 Panel
Thu. Nov. 13, 5PM, MC 2065
---

Join moderator Dr. Dea and panelists Drs. Fehr, Morrison, Ragde and
Wells in a conversation about sexism and feminism in STEM and the
software industry. We will hold an open Q&A for your questions at the
end of the session.

See https://cs.uwaterloo.ca/events/tech-feminism-101-panel for more
information.

Sarah Sharp Public Lecture
Thu. Nov. 20, 5:30PM, ML - Theatre of the Arts
---

Sarah Sharp, Linux Kernel developer and author of the USB 3.0 driver is
visiting Waterloo to give a public lecture on the technical, social, and
cultural challenges getting involved in Linux development. Talk is
accessible to all skill levels and open to the public, but we request
that you register in advance.

See
https://cs.uwaterloo.ca/events/talk-sarah-sharp-breaking-open-source-and-linux-usb-30-success-story
for more information.

Sarah Sharp Luncheon
Thu. Nov. 20, Noon, by application only
---

Interested in meeting our distinguished lecturer one-on-one? We will be
holding a lottery for a special women's luncheon earlier on Nov. 20.
Applications close on Nov. 14.

Apply here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ce7Oq4WLGy2ax5VYc8ytoUVDi0GnIsrO_QXReV0yjIE/viewform

Cheers,