[quantum-info] Fwd: Invitation to "Vienna Graduate Conference on Complex Quantum Systems", 28-30 Oct 2019

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Fri May 17 08:12:54 EDT 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: CoQuS <coqus at univie.ac.at>
Date: Fri, May 17, 2019 at 5:06 AM
Subject: Invitation to "Vienna Graduate Conference on Complex Quantum
Systems", 28-30 Oct 2019

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

We would kindly ask you to forward the invitation to the "Vienna
Graduate Conference on Complex Quantum Systems", taking place in
October 2019, to young researchers in quantum science. Please find in
the attachment a poster for further distribution.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
The local organizing team

--
Viktoria Erben, MSc
Coordination, Doctoral Schools

University of Vienna
Faculty of Physics
Boltzmanngasse 5, Room 3227
A-1090 Vienna, Austria
eMail: viktoria.erben at univie.ac.at
T.: +43-1-4277-512 04

*****

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to announce the “Vienna Graduate Conference on Complex
Quantum Systems”, which will take place on 28-30 October 2019 in
Vienna, Austria.

The goal of this conference is to highlight present achievements and
future perspectives in the focus areas of complex quantum systems -
quantum foundations, quantum matter and quantum technologies – both
from a local and international perspective. We especially extend an
invitation to master students and young researchers who want to
connect to the modern trends in controlling complex quantum systems.

Keynote talks by world-leading experts from abroad will be accompanied
by tutorials and student presentations on the research activities
within CoQuS.

The conference is co-hosted by the Vienna Center for Quantum Science
and Technology (VCQ).

You are invited to register for the conference via
https://coqus.at/conference-2019/registration/ by Friday, 28 June
2019.

Postgraduate students who otherwise would not be able to attend may
apply for a stipend to cover part of their travel and accommodation
costs.

More information on the scientific programme can be found at
https://coqus.at/conference-2019/

We would also like to draw your attention to a complementary event
taking place on 31 October 2019 at the same location – the “Austrian
Quantum Information Conference 2019” organised by the SFB BeyondC
https://beyondc.at/events/sfb-beyondc-conference-2019/

With kind regards from Vienna,
Markus Aspelmeyer & Peter Rabl
(on behalf of the CoQuS Faculty)