[quantum-info] FW: Toronto Conference on Quantum Information + Quantum Control, **ABSTRACT DEADLINE APPROACHING**

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon Jun 10 15:57:13 EDT 2019

*From:* Aephraim M. Steinberg <steinberg at physics.utoronto.ca>
*Sent:* Friday, June 7, 2019 6:57 PM
*Subject:* Toronto Conference on Quantum Information + Quantum Control,
**ABSTRACT DEADLINE APPROACHING**
*Importance:* High

Dear friends & colleagues,

I want to remind you that our biennial conference on Quantum Information &
Quantum Control will be held in Toronto from *Aug 26-30, 2019*.

*PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!*

We have an excellent slate of invited speakers, as always (see web page),
and are actively solliciting contributed talks – we’d be thrilled to see
any of you there, but I also ask you to spread the word to any other
researchers who might be interested in what is always a stimulating but
manageable-sized meeting, covering experiment and theory, foundations and
applications, and a broad range of paradigms and platforms, in an
environment that encourages discussion across subfields.

The abstract submission deadline is *18 June 2019*, and the (very simple)
submission link can be found at the bottom of CQIQC-VIII
<http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/activities/19-20/CQIQC-VIII> (
http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/activities/19-20/CQIQC-VIII).

If you have not been fortunate enough to attend previous meetings in this
series, you can see previous conference sites at
http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/activities/17-18/CQIQCVII ,
http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/programs/scientific/15-16/CQIQCVI/index.html
, et al.

This will also be the occasion for the awarding of the 2019 John Stewart
Bell Prize (see https://cqiqc.physics.utoronto.ca/bell_prize/index.html) and
invited talks by the two awardees.

Hoping to see you and/or your students, postdocs, & friends in August!

Thanks in advance if you can spread the word widely, given the short
timeframe –

best regards,

Aephraim

PS Apologies if you receive multiple announcements about this meeting!

Aephraim M. Steinberg, Professor of Physics
Centre for Quantum Information and Quantum Control

(cqiqc.physics.utoronto.ca)

Co-Director, CIFAR programme on Quantum Information Science

(www.cifar.ca)

Department of Physics. University of Toronto
60 St. George St.     Toronto, ONT  M5S 1A7
CANADA                            TEL: use at your own risk
EMAIL: steinberg <AT> physics.utoronto.ca    FAX: (416) 978-2537
WEB: www.physics.utoronto.ca/~aephraim/aephraim.html

"If [in France] talking about the bureaucracy takes the place of talking

about sports, getting involved with the bureaucracy takes the place of

exercise” — Adam Gopnik