[quantum-info] QEC'19 Call for Papers

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Thu Jan 31 16:06:09 EST 2019

QEC’19 - Call for Papers

Dear colleagues,

I’m pleased to announce that the 5th International Conference on
Quantum Error Correction (QEC’19) is now open for the submission of
contributed talks and posters.

QEC ’19 will be taking place at Senate House, London between 29th July
and 2nd August 2019. It aims to bring together experts from academia
and industry to discuss theoretical, experimental and technological
research towards robust quantum computation. Topics will include
control, error correction and fault tolerance, and their interface
with physics, computer science and technology research.

Please see our web-page for further information about the conference,
including the list of invited speakers, and information on how to
submit your one-page abstract: http://qec19.iopconfs.org/

The deadline for submissions is April 1st.

The scope of QEC is broad. Here is a non-exhaustive list of topics
covered by the conference:  Theoretical and experimental research in:
Quantum error correcting codes; error correction and decoders;
architecture and design of fault tolerant quantum computers; error
mitigation in NISQ computations, error mitigation in quantum
annealing; reliable quantum control, dynamical decoupling; Error
quantification, tomography and benchmarking; Quantum repeaters; Active
or self-correcting quantum memory. Applications of quantum error
correction in Physics, CS and other disciplines; Classical error
correction relevant to the QEC community; Compilers for fault tolerant
gate sets; Error correction and mitigation in other Quantum
Technologies (sensing / cryptography / etc.); QEC-inspired quantum
computing theory.

If you have a query about whether your contribution might be in scope,
please contact me directly.

Key dates

Abstract submission deadline:  1 April 2019
Registration opens: TBC (late February)
Early registration deadline:  10 June 2019
Registration deadline:  15 July 2019

A conference poster is available at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpz4v0q406kq1e0/QEC%202019%20London.pdf?dl=0

I would be grateful if you would print this poster and display it in a
place where interested participants may see it.

I look forward to your submission to QEC’19 and to seeing you in
London in the summer.

Regards,

Dan Browne - Conference Chair

--

Dan Browne
d.browne at ucl.ac.uk

Department of Physics and Astronomy
University College London
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT

Director
EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Delivering Quantum Technologies

Tel: 020 7679 3602
http://www.ucl.ac.uk/~ucapdeb/
http://www.uclq.org/