[quantum-info] FW: Open Call for Professor in Quantum Algorithms - please distribute

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Fri Jan 11 09:17:54 EST 2019

*From:* ESQ-Office <office at esq-quantum.at>
*Sent:* Friday, January 11, 2019 9:07 AM
*To:* mfleisch at physik.uni-kl.de; fleming at cchem.berkeley.edu;
Christopher.Fuchs at umb.edu; s.a.gardiner at durham.ac.uk; gersh at cba.mit.edu;
alexei.gilchrist at mq.edu.au; nicolas.gisin at unige.ch; cgmachl at princeton.edu;
goldston at mit.edu; dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca; dansuzy at nyc.rr.com;
david.gross at thp.uni-koeln.de; otfried.guehne at uni-siegen.de;
giulini at itp.uni-hannover.de; Lucia.Hackermuller at nottingham.ac.uk;
shastings47 at gmail.com; tfhavel at mit.edu; joachim.hermisson at univie.ac.at;
michele.heurs at aei.mpg.de; mhillery at hunter.cuny.edu; ed.hinds at imperial.ac.uk;
klh at pks.mpg.de; zdenek.hradil at upol.cz; irie at cs.waseda.ac.jp;
branislav.jelenkovic at ipb.ac.rs; jonathan.jones at qubit.org; rj310 at cam.ac.uk;
office at physics.wustl.edu; kempe at lri.fr; viv at physics.org;
viv.kendon at durham.ac.uk; kieu at swin.edu.au; swkim0412 at pusan.ac.kr;
kitaev at caltech.edu; p.knight at imperial.ac.uk; p.kok at sheffield.ac.uk;
nvk at st-andrews.ac.uk; Stefan.Kroll at fysik.lth.se; P.Kruger at sussex.ac.uk;
stefan.kuhr at strath.ac.uk; gershon.kurizki at weizmann.ac.il; phyck at nus.edu.sg;
mlahaye at syr.edu; antia at quantumlah.org; dil at boulder.nist.gov;
j.m.leinaas at fys.uio.no; ulf.leonhardt at weizmann.ac.il;
maciej.lewenstein at icfo.es; lieb at princeton.edu; dhlin at mail.nsysu.edu.tw;
gli at kth.se
*Subject:* Open Call for Professor in Quantum Algorithms - please distribute

Dear Colleague,

We would like to inform you that the University of Vienna has advertised a

*full professor position* in the field of *"Quantum algorithms"*

This will be a joint position between the Faculty of Physics and the
Faculty of Mathematics. The job announcement is available online at

https://personalwesen.univie.ac.at/jobs-recruiting/professuren/detail-seite/news/quantum-algorithms-1

with an extended application deadline of February 7, 2019.

The University of Vienna actively searches for possible candidates.
We would appreciate if you could *disseminate the job announcement to
potential candidates* that you are aware of. We would like to *invite all
interested scientists* to apply.

A significant increase in funding enables the University of Vienna to
invest in new professorships and infrastructure in the coming years. The
University of Vienna offers a dynamic research environment and attractive
working conditions in a city with an outstanding quality of life. We expect
the position holder to conduct top level research, to create an
internationally visible group, and to be enthusiastic for excellent
teaching and supervision at all levels.

If you should have any questions, then please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Martin Fally (Dean, Faculty of Physics)
Christian Krattenthaler (Dean, Faculty of Mathematics)