[quantum-info] Fwd: Call for Nominations for PCTS Postdoctoral Fellowship -- Deadline is October 15, 2019

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Thu Aug 15 18:32:15 EDT 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Charlene Borsack <cborsack at princeton.edu>
Date: Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 9:06 AM
Subject: Call for Nominations for PCTS Postdoctoral Fellowship --
Deadline is October 15, 2019
To: <pcts_nominators at princeton.edu>

Dear Colleague,

We are writing to encourage you to submit nominations for the
Princeton Center for Theoretical Science Postdoctoral Fellowships.

Center Postdoctoral Fellowships are among the most prestigious
postdoctoral positions offered in the theoretical sciences at
Princeton.  They are intended for early-career theoretical scientists,
broadly construed, including the fields of astrophysics, biology,
chemistry, geosciences, physics, and engineering.  The nominees should
be individuals with outstanding talent and accomplishment who are
eager to broaden their scientific horizons.    We particularly
encourage nominations of qualified candidates who are women or members
of other groups that are underrepresented in the theoretical sciences.
Fellows receive a three-year appointment in the Center fully supported
by Center funds, an office in the Center facility, and have full
freedom to develop their scientific interests with the support and
mentoring of the senior Faculty Fellows.  It is our intention that the
Center experience will have a profound impact on the scientific
development and future careers of the Fellows.

The deadline for receipt of the Postdoctoral nomination, reference
letters, and supporting materials from the candidate is October 15,
2019 so it is important for you to submit your nomination as soon as
possible to give your candidate and their references time to complete
their parts.

The nomination process is very simple: click on this link:

PCTS NOMINATION

and submit the candidate’s name, email address, and a nomination
letter, in PDF format.  The candidates will then be sent information
necessary to complete their application and to submit letters of
reference should they choose to accept the nomination. (Please note,
this is a new nomination site, so please use this link to make sure
you get to the correct page.)  A doctorate degree in a related field
is required.

The PCTS Faculty Fellows begin evaluation and invitation to interview
on October 15, 2019.   (The website will continue to accept late
nominations and applications, but there can be no assurance they will
be considered.)

The mission of the Center is to foster interaction and collaboration
between theorists across the natural sciences at Princeton to enhance
research and education.  We pursue this goal through our Center
Postdoctoral Fellowships and our sponsorship of focused programs of
study in frontier areas in theoretical science that cut across
traditional disciplinary boundaries. A group of Senior Faculty
Fellows, coming from a broad range of disciplines and departments,
take active responsibility for guiding the intellectual life of the
Center. Information about all PCTS programs can be found at our new
website: http://pcts.princeton.edu

Sincerely,

Igor Klebanov, Director  klebanov at princeton.edu

Ned Wingreen, Associate Director wingreen at princeton.edu

Princeton University is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.  These
positions are subject to the University’s background check policy.

Sincerely,

Charlene Borsack

Center Manager

Princeton Center for Theoretical Science

400 Jadwin Hall

Princeton University

Princeton, NJ 08544

609-258-1398 (office)