[quantum-info] Fwd: INVITATION CoQuS Summer School, September 2019, Vienna

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Tue Apr 30 10:17:28 EDT 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: CoQuS <coqus at univie.ac.at>
Date: Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 9:41 AM
Subject: INVITATION CoQuS Summer School, September 2019, Vienna

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

We would kindly ask you to forward the invitation to the “CoQuS Summer
School 2019” taking place in September 2019, located in Vienna,
Austria, to young researchers in quantum science. Please find in the
attachment a poster for further distribution.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

The local organizing team

Viktoria Erben, MSc
Coordination, Doctoral Schools

University of Vienna
Faculty of Physics
Boltzmanngasse 5, Room 3227
A-1090 Vienna, Austria
eMail: viktoria.erben at univie.ac.at
T.: +43-1-4277-512 04

*****

Dear colleagues,

We would like to cordially invite you to the “Complex Quantum Systems
(CoQuS) Summer School 2019”. Vienna, with its long history in quantum
science, will be the hosting city for this event from 16 to 20
September 2019. The goal is to bring together young and experienced
quantum researchers to promote the sharing of knowledge and ideas
within the community. For this purpose, we provide a platform for
young researchers to learn new topics and improve presentation skills.

This year’s edition of the CoQuS Summer School will feature a diverse
program focused on the emerging field of quantum technologies.
Presented by renowned researchers, the lecture series will emphasize
quantum applications, engineering and simulations from both an
experimental and theoretical perspective. Furthermore, we will host a
series of tutorials concerning quantum algorithms, where participants
will be introduced to the Q# quantum programming language. Finally,
the program includes several networking and social events where
researchers in all stages of their careers can meet and exchange their
ideas.

Confirmed speakers are: Philipp Treutlein from the University of
Basel, Oded Zilberberg from ETH Zürich, and Bettina Heim, member of
the team of Krysta Svore from Microsoft.

We would like to encourage PhD and master students to present their
research in quantum science in the form of talks and posters.

More detailed information can be found on our website:
https://coqus.at/summerschool-2019/

Please register at your earliest convenience as places are limited.
Deadline is 30 June 2019.

We hope to see you in Vienna!

Sincerely,

The local organizing committee:

Kahan Dare (University of Vienna & IQOQI Vienna, ÖAW)

Andrew Niels Kanagin (ATI, TU Wien)

Frederik Møller (ATI, TU Wien)