[quantum-info] FW: AQIS18 in Nagoya, September 8-12

Norbert Lutkenhaus nlutkenhaus at uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 14 09:26:35 EDT 2018

From: Francesco Buscemi [mailto:buscemi at math.cm.is.nagoya-u.ac.jp]
Sent: May-11-18 4:16 AM
To: aqis18 at math.cm.is.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Subject: AQIS18 in Nagoya, September 8-12

Apologies for the mass mailing!

Here is Francesco Buscemi from Nagoya. It is my pleasure to share with you the final call for papers of the 18th Asian Conference on Quantum Information Science. Many of you may have already attended AQIS, some of you even more than once, but no one has ever attended AQIS in Nagoya, as it is the first time that the conference comes here.

We at AQIS18 are all very much looking forward to welcoming you in Nagoya!
Sincerely yours,
Francesco Buscemi, on the behalf of the organizers

PS: Please feel free to forward this message to anyone who may be interested.

******************************************(text-only call for papers -- PDF file attached)
18th Asian Conference on Quantum Information Science (AQIS'18)
http://aqis-conf.org/2018/
8-12 September 2018
Nagoya University, Nagoya, Japan

Apologies if you receive this multiple times. Please forward to interested colleagues.

We would like to draw your attention, and that of the quantum information community, to the 18th edition of the Asian Conference on Quantum Information Science (AQIS'18).

AQIS is the leading conference in the subject in Asia and one of the longest-running worldwide, its highly successful predecessors having been EQIS'01-05 and AQIS'06-17. The topics covered include (but are not limited to) quantum computing, quantum information processing, quantum communication and cryptography, and foundations of quantum mechanics.

This year, the conference goes for the first time to Nagoya. It will be organized by Nagoya University and will take
place at the Noyori Conference Hall of Nagoya University, 8-12 September 2018. Details about the conference are to be found on the website http://aqis-conf.org/2018/ . Please check repeatedly as the information there will be updated regularly.

Like its previous editions, AQIS'18 will consist of tutorials, invited talk, as well as oral and poster presentations, selected by a high-profile international program committee. Invited speakers are:

  *   Ignacio Cirac (MPQ, Garching)

  *   Keisuke Fujii (Kyoto U)

  *   Nicolas Gisin (U of Geneva)

  *   Barbara Kraus (U of Innsbruck)

  *   Yasunobu Nakamura (U of Tokyo)

  *   Sandu Popescu (U of Bristol)

  *   Robert Raussendorf (U of British Columbia)

  *   Pascale Senellart (C2N-CNRS)

  *   Wolfgang Tittel (Calgary U)

  *   Thomas Vidick (Caltech)

  *   Howard Wiseman (Griffith U)

The submission deadline is 9 June 2018, 23:59 Anywhere on Earth (AoE).
All submissions should follow the guidelines specified on the web site:
http://aqis-conf.org/2018/submission/

We are looking forward to seeing you in Nagoya!

Committee Chairs
Steering Committee: Hiroshi Imai (chair, University of Tokyo), Jaewan Kim (co-chair, KIAS)
Program Committee: Antonio Acin (chair, ICFO), Jaewan Kim (co-chair, KIAS), Akihisa Tomita (co-chair, Hokkaido University)
Organizing Committee: Francesco Buscemi and Harumichi Nishimura (co-chairs, Nagoya University)