[quantum-info] FW: Postdoc positions at Bristol in quantum algorithms and related areas

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon Mar 5 17:29:11 EST 2018

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashley Montanaro [mailto:ashley.montanaro at bristol.ac.uk]
Sent: March-05-18 4:23 AM
To: Ashley Montanaro <ashley.montanaro at bristol.ac.uk>
Subject: Postdoc positions at Bristol in quantum algorithms and related
areas

Dear colleagues,

We are advertising two postdoc positions to work on the theory of quantum
computation in the School of Mathematics at Bristol, and I would be grateful
if you could pass this on to anyone who might be interested.

The positions are funded by my UK EPSRC Fellowship “New insights in quantum
algorithms and complexity”, and by the EU QuantERA project QuantAlgo. These
projects will deliver new quantum algorithms, communication protocols and
data structures; new bounds on the computational complexity of physical
problems; and new mathematical tools to support the above.

The start date is flexible from 1 May 2018 and funding is available for each
position for 2 years.

For the job advert itself, and to apply, please see

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details.html?nPostingId=7261&nPostingTargetId=53974

The closing date for applications is 3 April 2018, and potential candidates
can contact me with any informal enquiries.

best wishes,
--
Ashley Montanaro
ashley.montanaro at bristol.ac.uk