[quantum-info] Fwd: Postdoc and faculty positions at Bristol

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Tue Oct 10 10:08:28 EDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ashley Montanaro <ashley.montanaro at bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 2:21 AM
Subject: Postdoc and faculty positions at Bristol
To: quant-info-group at sympa.bristol.ac.uk

Dear colleagues,

The School of Mathematics at the University of Bristol is currently
advertising two positions relevant to quantum information, and I would
be grateful if you could forward this email on to anyone that might be
interested. Apologies for the spam and for any duplication.

First, there is a postdoc position to work with me on the theory of
quantum computation, as part of a project titled "New insights in
quantum algorithms and complexity”. Funding is guaranteed until July
2019, and I expect that this will be extended to 2 years in total. The
start date is nominally February 2018 (but flexible), and candidates
should contact me with any informal enquiries. The application
deadline is 8 November.

For further details or to apply:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details.html?nPostingID=6691&nPostingTargetID=33475

Second, there is a faculty position in Mathematical Physics,
encompassing quantum information theory. The appointment is at
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader level (approx. Assistant / Associate
Professor), and is part of a major strategic expansion of the School
of Mathematics. Candidates can contact Prof. Jens Marklof FRS with any
informal enquiries (Head of School, maths-recruitment at bristol.ac.uk).
The application deadline is 27 November.

For further details or to apply:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/jobs/find/details.html?nPostingID=6673&nPostingTargetID=32914

best wishes,
--