[quantum-info] Fwd: ICQFT2016, Nov 12- Nov 17, Shanghai, China [3rd announcement]

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon Sep 12 17:27:02 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ICQFT2016 <icqft2016 at ustc.edu.cn>
Date: Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 11:37 PM
Subject: ICQFT2016, Nov 12- Nov 17, Shanghai, China [3rd announcement]
To: Daniel Gottesman <dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca>

Dear colleagues:

The 4th International Conference on Quantum Foundation and Technology:
Frontier and Future (ICQFT2016) will be hosted by University of
Science and Technology of China (USTC) at Shanghai, China during
November 12-17, 2016. On behalf of the organizing committee, we would
like to invite you to participate ICQFT2016.

The 1st ICQFT was inaugurated in 2006 at Hangzhou, China, and then the
ICQFT has been held every three years in China. The 2nd ICQFT at
Shanghai and the 3rd ICQFT at Dunhuang were held successfully in 2009
and 2012. The details of the ICQFT2016 may be found in
http://quantum.ustc.edu.cn/icqft/.

ICQFT2016 covers vast areas of quantum science ranging from
fundamental physics to the newest technologies and devices, including
but not limited to:

Quantum Cryptography and Quantum Communications Theory
Quantum Computing and Quantum Information Theory
Implementations of Quantum Information Processing and Quantum Simulations
Quantum Photonic Network
Measurement and Metrology and Foundations of Quantum Mechanics

The conference will provide the opportunity for leading scientists and
younger researchers to meet for discussions on the most recent
developments in the field of Quantum Science. The conference is open
to scientists worldwide. We plan for a maximum attendance of just
above 300 participants.

In 2016, the international scientific community shall witness two
historic moments in China: the first quantum satellite will be
launched in July in China and the first two-thousand-kilometer quantum
network between Beijng and Shanghai will be built up at the end of the
year. These two key breakthroughs will open up the "global quantum
network" age. We would like to invite you to being in the part of the
historic moments.

You can register for the conference through the above webpage. For
your visa application purpose, we encourage you to register as early
as possible.

Your contribution is important for ICQFT2016.

Sincerely,

Prof. Jian-Wei Pan (Chair)

Prof. You-Jin Deng (Co-Chair)

Prof. Lu-Ming Duan (Co-Chair)