[quantum-info] PiQuDos seminar Wednesday Oct 26 - Shalev Ben-David

Daniel Brod dbrod at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon Oct 24 09:52:45 EDT 2016

Dear all

Please join us on Wednesday, Oct 26 at 4pm in the Time room for a quantum
information seminar by Shalev Ben-David.

***

Title: Advances in quantum query complexity

Abstract: I will describe some of the recent progress in quantum query
complexity, including super-quadratic separations between classical and
quantum measures for total functions, a better understanding of the power
of some lower bound techniques, and insight into when we should expect
exponential quantum speedups for partial functions.