[quantum-info] FW: YQIS 2016.

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Wed Jun 22 14:18:27 EDT 2016

*From:* Antonio Acín [mailto:antonio.acin at icfo.es]
*Sent:* June-22-16 11:07 AM
*To:* Flavio Baccari <Flavio.Baccari at icfo.es>; Boris Bourdoncle <
Boris.Bourdoncle at icfo.es>; Alejandro Máttar <Alejandro.Mattar at icfo.es>;
alexia Salavrakos <Alexia.Salavrakos at icfo.es>
*Subject:* YQIS 2016.

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce the second edition of the international
conference for Young Quantum Information Scientists (YQIS), that will

be held in Barcelona in October 2016 [ http://yqis16.icfo.eu ] and
organised by the Quantum Information Theory group at ICFO-The Institute of
Photonic Sciences. YQIS is dedicated to young fellows working in the field
of Quantum Information Science. This conference will provide them with a
great opportunity to present talks and posters, and will foster exchanges
among PhD students and post-docs working in the various areas of Quantum
Information. Moreover, they will also have the chance to attend three 1h
lectures, by Sandu Popescu (University of Bristol), Christopher Monroe
(University of Maryland) and Collin P. Williams (D-Wave sys), that will
cover theoretical, experimental and innovative aspects of Quantum
Information.

Important information:

- Dates and place: October 19th to 21st 2016, Col-legi Major de Sant Jordi,
Barcelona (Spain)

- Website: yqis16.icfo.eu

- Deadline for submissions: July 29th 2016

- Deadline for registration and payment: September 23rd 2016

We look forward to meeting you in Barcelona!

Best regards,

Flavio Baccari

Boris Bourdoncle

Alejandro Mattar