[quantum-info] FW: ICQFT2016, Nov 12- Nov 17, Shanghai, China [1st announcement]

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon Jul 18 11:53:35 EDT 2016

*From:* ICQFT2016 [mailto:icqft2016 at ustc.edu.cn]
*Sent:* July-18-16 12:41 AM
*To:* Daniel Gottesman <dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca>
*Subject:* ICQFT2016, Nov 12- Nov 17, Shanghai, China [1st announcement]

Dear colleagues:

The 4th International Conference on Quantum Foundation and Technology:
Frontier and Future (ICQFT2016) will be hosted by University of Science and
Technology of China (USTC) at Shanghai, China during November 12-17, 2016.
On behalf of the organizing committee, we would like to invite you to
participate ICQFT2016.

The 1st ICQFT was inaugurated in 2006 at Hangzhou, China, and then the
ICQFT has been held every three years in China. The 2nd ICQFT at Shanghai
and the 3rd ICQFT at Dunhuang were held successfully in 2009 and 2012. The
details of the ICQFT2016 may be found in http://quantum.ustc.edu.cn/icqft/.

ICQFT2016 covers vast areas of quantum science ranging from fundamental
physics to the newest technologies and devices, including but not limited
to:

   - Quantum Cryptography and Quantum Communications Theory
   - Quantum Computing and Quantum Information Theory
   - Implementations of Quantum Information Processing and Quantum
   Simulations
   - Quantum Photonic Network
   - Measurement and Metrology and Foundations of Quantum Mechanics

The conference will provide the opportunity for leading scientists and
younger researchers to meet for discussions on the most recent developments
in the field of Quantum Science. The conference is open to scientists
worldwide. We plan for a maximum attendance of just above 300 participants.

In 2016, the international scientific community shall witness two historic
moments in China: the first quantum satellite will be launched in July in
China and the first two-thousand-kilometer quantum network between Beijng
and Shanghai will be built up at the end of the year. These two key
breakthroughs will open up the "global quantum network" age. We would like
to invite you to being in the part of the historic moments.

You can register for the conference through the above webpage. For your
visa application purpose, we encourage you to register as early as possible.

Your contribution is important for ICQFT2016.

Sincerely,

Prof. Jian-Wei Pan (Chair)

Prof. You-Jin Deng (Co-Chair)

Prof. Lu-Ming Duan (Co-Chair)