[quantum-info] Fwd: KITP Program Announcement: QINFO17

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Sun Aug 14 19:42:26 EDT 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Maggie Sherriffs <progmgr at kitp.ucsb.edu>
Date: Sun, Aug 14, 2016 at 1:06 PM
Subject: KITP Program Announcement: QINFO17

Dear Colleagues,

We are writing to announce the program Quantum Physics of Information,
to be held at the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics at the
University of California, Santa Barbara, during the period September
18 – December 15, 2017, and to alert you that applications are now
being accepted.  We also encourage you to inform others who you think
might be interested in applying.

We coordinators will be assisted by Daniel Harlow, Patrick Hayden, and
John Preskill as scientific advisors.  A summary and the latest
information about the program can be found online at
https://www.kitp.ucsb.edu/activities/qinfo17. Please note that the
application deadline is October 2, 2016.

There will also be a conference associated with the program, entitled
Frontiers of Quantum Information Physics, held from October 9-13,
2017. Further information will be posted online when it becomes
available.

KITP programs differ from many conferences and workshops in that they
create a situation where scientists learn from each other and actually
do substantive research, often collaborating with other participants.
To foster these interactions, KITP strongly encourages theorists to
stay for as long as possible, with three weeks being the minimum stay
for a regular participant.  We understand, however, that
experimentalists/observers often cannot manage long visits but can
have a big impact even in a week, so we can be more flexible for them.

If you wish to participate, go to the aforementioned web page, and
click on the Apply link. Late applications will be considered as
budget and space permits. Due to space and financial constraints,
however, we may not be able to accommodate everyone who applies.

KITP provides office and computing facilities on-site at UC Santa
Barbara and provides lodging support to all program participants.  It
is necessary for every participant to set up an account and apply
online, even if we have already corresponded with you about the
program.   Participation is only by written, formal invitation from
the KITP Director, regardless of any communications that you may have
had with us.

If you think you might like to participate, it will help us with our
planning if you apply early, including your proposed length of stay
and any financial requirements.  If you have any questions, please
contact one of the coordinators below.

Sincerely yours,

Fernando Brandao <fbrandao at caltech.edu>

Veronika Hubeny <vhubeny at ucdavis.edu>