[quantum-info] FW: ** submissions open for CQIQC-VI (Conference on Quantum Information & Quantum Control), Aug 17-21, Fields Institute, Toronto **

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon May 25 18:17:34 EDT 2015

*From:* Aephraim M. Steinberg [mailto:steinberg at physics.utoronto.ca]
*Sent:* May-23-15 4:03 PM
*To:* Aephraim Steinberg
*Cc:* Aephraim Steinberg
*Subject:* ** submissions open for CQIQC-VI (Conference on Quantum
Information & Quantum Control), Aug 17-21, Fields Institute, Toronto **

Dear friends and colleagues:

The 6th biennial Conference on Quantum Information & Quantum Control will
take place

in Toronto, August 17-21.  It promises to be an extremely strong meeting as
always, fostering

communication among the various communities working in these areas, and
including this

year focus sessions on quantum foundations and on quantum thermodynamics.

I hope many of you will consider submitting abstracts and attending – but
will be grateful in any event

if you think about sending students or postdocs, and if you help spread the
word (the poster

is attached below in case you can forward it to other potentially
interested people, or post it

at your institute, despite at least one glaring error for which I apologize
in advance).

The early bird paper submission deadline is Monday June the 8th. Paper
submission in PDF format should be made to Ms Anna Ho by email to
aho at chem.utoronto.ca . Submissions after the Monday June the 8th can be
made, however the acceptance will largely depend on the slots that remain
available within the conference schedule. The submission should include a
title, the authors, a 250 word abstract and references.

The conference will feature the award of the biannual J. S. Bell Prize for
Research in Fundamental Issues in Quantum Mechanics and their Applications.

The conference web page can be found at
http://www.fields.utoronto.ca/programs/scientific/15-16/CQIQCVI/

Please accept my apologies if you receive this announcement multiple times.

Sincerely yours,

Aephraim

P.S.  Confirmed invited speakers so far include:

Jeff Shapiro, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Jeremy O’Brien, University of Bristol

Itai Arad, National University of Singapore
Rainer Blatt, University of Innsbruck
Todd Brun, University of Southern California
Tommaso Calarco, Universität Ulm
Bob Coecke, Oxford University
Keiichi Edamatsu, Tohoku University
Jens Eisert, Freie Universität Berlin
Christopher A. Fuchs, University Massachusetts Boston
Akira Furusawa, University of Tokyo
Jay M. Gambetta, IBM TJ Watson Lab USA
Kurt Jacobs, University of Massachusetts
Ronnie Kosloff, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Tony Leggett, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Daniel Lidar, University of Southern California
Klaus Molmer, Aarhus University
Bertrand Reulet, Université de Sherbrooke
Terry Rudolph, Imperial College, London
Irfan Siddiqi, University of California, Berkeley
Nathan Wiebe, Microsoft
Amir Yacobi, Harvard University