[quantum-info] FW: master class announcement

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Wed Feb 4 13:52:49 EST 2015

*From:* Héctor Bombín [mailto:hector.bombin at gmail.com]
*Sent:* February-04-15 1:50 PM
*To:* Daniel Gottesman
*Subject:* Fwd: master class announcement

Dear friends,

This year we formed a new quantum information theory group (led by Matthias
Christandl) here at the University of Copenhagen. Together with the
mathematical physicists around Jan Philip Solovej and Bergfinnur Durhuus,
we are forming a natural theoretical counterpart (working title QMATH) to
the already well-established Center for Quantum Devices (led by Charles
Marcus) and Center for Quantum Optics (led by Eugene Polzik).

We are kicking off this new effort with a "master class" in quantum
information and mathematical physics, aimed at advanced students and
researchers from all over the world.

Confirmed speakers include:

Michael Freedman (Microsoft)

Bruno Nachtergaele (UC Davis)

Robert Seiringer (IST Austria)

Spiros Michalakis (Caltech)

The event will take place 26 - 29 May, 2015. Researchers at all levels are
invited to apply.

You can read more and apply at the master class webpage:

http://www.math.ku.dk/english/research/conferences/2015/qmath-masterclass/

The deadline for applications is March 1st. More details (such as the
precise schedule of events) will be added soon.

We think this will be a lot of fun, and we hope you can come!

Best regards from everyone in Copenhagen.

--

Gorjan Alagic
Department of Mathematical Sciences

University of Copenhagen