[quantum-info] Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Teach at Tübingen Call for Proposals SS15 and WS15/16

Joseph Emerson jemerson at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Oct 8 10:29:42 EDT 2014

FYI post-doc position in Germany.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Fwd: Fwd: Teach at Tübingen Call for Proposals SS15 and WS15/16
Date: 	Tue, 7 Oct 2014 17:20:25 +0200
From: 	Daniel Braun <daniel.braun at uni-tuebingen.de>
To: 	<jemerson at math.uwaterloo.ca>

Dear Joe,

How are you doing?

I am writing because there is currently a call for post-doc positions
open at our university that might be interesting to some of your PhD
students or post-docs.  I would be very much obliged if you could bring
the call to possibly interested candidates. Please see for details
below, or contact me if you have questions.  Also, if a student/post-doc
is interested, please have them contact me.

Please note that there is a preference for candidates from institutions
on the official list of strategic partner universities of Tübingen.  In
Canada, the only one is Queen's University.  So if you know of any
candidates there, their chances would be particularly good...

While the official goal of this is to bring some English teaching to the
University Tübingen and enhance the academic exchange, the teaching
itself is only two hours/week during the 15 weeks of a semester, i.e. it
is rather light and should allow lots of time for science!

I hope you are well, and our paths will cross again in the near future!!
All the best,
Daniel Braun

-----------------------------------

Aim:

The University of Tübingen’s Institutional Strategy provides funding to
expand teaching in English. Are you a postdoc or PhD student at an
advanced stage of your studies? Are you from one of our (strategic)
partner universities? Would you like to expand your teaching experience
and individual research horizons with a working stay in Germany under
the teach-at-Tübingen (T at T) program?

T at T candidates must teach classes in English for approximately two hours
per week during semester, in agreement with the relevant Vice-Dean of
Academic Affairs.

Prerequisites:

·Candidates must be at an advanced stage of their doctoral studies or
already have their PhD.

·They must have academic ties with the Professor with whom they are placed.

·The classes they offer must be made public and open to all students

·The classes they offer must be held in English

Length of stay: 1-2 semesters

Payment:

·PhD students: €1500/ month (part scholarship, part remuneration for
teaching)

·Postdocs: €1700/ month (part scholarship, part remuneration for teaching)

·Travel expenses (documented costs) up to €1000

The University’s Welcome Center
<http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/en/international/international-scholars.html>(http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/en/10161)

offers help with visas and accommodation.

Application:

Apply to the Central Management Office (Iris Michiels;
iris.michiels at uni-tuebingen.de <mailto:iris.michiels at uni-tuebingen.de>)
of the Faculty of Science, providing the following information by *Nov
29th*, 2014.

·The professor who is inviting you,

·Direct contact details,

·Information on the candidate,

·Teaching topic and type of class (lecture, seminar,...)

·Title of the course

·Partner university (see also strategische Partneruniversitäten
<http://www.uni-tuebingen.de/en/research/excellence-initiative/excellence-initiative-call-for-proposals.html#c118580>)

·Starting date and length of stay (max. 2 semester).

-------------------------------------

cid:image001.jpg at 01CD90D2.5A1BDDC0**

*//*

*/Dr. Iris Michiels/*