[quantum-info] Colloquium Institute for Quantum Computing Monday, 10 March, 2014

Matthew Fries mfries at uwaterloo.ca
Sun Mar 9 14:23:02 EDT 2014

Colloquium

Institute for Quantum Computing

Monday, 10 March 2014 at 2:30PM

QNC 0101

Quantum simulations as our quantum theatre

Prof. Enrique Solano

University of the Basque Country, Bilbao, Spain

I will introduce the field of quantum simulations from a wide scientific perspective. Then, I will discuss the relevance of quantum simulations for reproducing different aspects of quantum physics: nonrelativistic and relativistic quantum dynamics, physical and unphysical quantum operations, as well as strong and ultrastrong light-matter interactions. Finally, I will give examples in the context of trapped-ion and circuit QED technologies.