[quantum-info] FW: Early Application of QCMC2014, Nov 2 – Nov 6, Hefei, China

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon Jul 7 19:50:57 EDT 2014

*From:* Jian-Wei Pan [mailto:qcmc2014 at ustc.edu.cn]
*Sent:* July-06-14 5:38 AM
*To:* qcmc2014 at ustc.edu.cn
*Subject:* Early Application of QCMC2014, Nov 2 – Nov 6, Hefei, China

Dear Colleagues,

It is a pleasure to bring your attention to the 12th International
Conference on Quantum Communication, Measurement and Computing (QCMC2014),
which will be held in Hefei of China during the beginning of November (Nov
2 – Nov 6). We warmly welcome you to come to Hefei attending this
conference.

All participants excluding invited speakers have to make online
applications before Aug 15. Nevertheless, in order to leave enough time for
foreign participants to apply VISAs and booking flights, we offer an option
of early application. Its deadline is *July 15*, which is coming soon. For
these early applications, we shall send the notification of acceptance or
rejection before Aug 1. In addition, we offer another benefit by reducing
the registration fee by 50 USD or 300 RMB.

*Please feel free to spread and forward this email to your students and
colleagues.*

Yours sincerely,

Jianwei Pan (Principle Chair), Luming Duan and Youjin Deng on behalf of the
organizing committee

***********************More information about QCMC2014 is shown
below**********************************

QCMC was established 1990 to encourage and bring together scientists and
engineers working in the interdisciplinary field of quantum information
science and technology.  It regularly takes place every two years. The last
one has been held successfully in Vienna of Austria in 2012. See the
conference website http://qcmc2014.ustc.edu.cn/ for more information about
QCMC2014.

Scopes of the conference include, but are not limited to:

Quantum Cryptography and Quantum Communications

Quantum Measurement and Quantum Metrology

Quantum Computing and Quantum Information Theory

Quantum Information Processing

Quantum Simulations

Quantum Control

Foundations of Quantum Physics

Important dates:

May 15 - Aug 15: Online Application

Aug 1: Early Notification (for applications before July 15)

Sep 1: Regular Notification

Sep 15 - Sep 30: Online Registration

Nov 2 - Nov 6: Conference Program

Fees:

For applications received before July 15:

$450 or RMB 2500 normal fee

$250 or RMB 1500 student fee

For applications received before Aug 15:

$500 or RMB 3000 normal fee

$300 or RMB 1800 student fee