[quantum-info] Q+ Hangout Tuesday Jan 28 9am QNC B201: Quantum annealing on 503 qubits [Troels Frimodt Rønnow]

Aharon Brodutch abrodutch at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Jan 23 12:10:35 EST 2014

Hi all
  We will be joining the Q+ Hangout via vidoconference in QNC B201 on
Jan 28 at 9am.

Speaker: Troels Frimodt Rønnow [ ETH Zurich]

TITLE: Quantum annealing on 503 qubits

ABSTRACT: Quantum speedup refers to the advantage of quantum devices
can  over classical ones in solving  classes of computational problems.
In this talk we show how to correctly define and measure quantum speedup
in experimental devices. We show how to avoid issues that might mask or
fake quantum speedup. As illustration we will compare the performance of
a D-Wave Two quantum annealing device on random spin glass instances to
simulated classical and quantum annealers, and other classical solvers.

https://plus.google.com/events/c7prl3ob61i2cr6sglu5s0tmm0c

Cheers
  Aharon