[quantum-info] IQC Seminar May 28th, David Zueco

Erin Cronin emcronin at uwaterloo.ca
Tue May 28 10:00:04 EDT 2013

IQC Seminar
QNC 1201, 4:30 PM

Speaker: David Zueco
ARAID Researcher at Universidad de Zaragoza

Title:
collective dynamics in circuit QED:  criticality, entanglement chirality and quantum chaos.

Abstract:
In this seminar i will provide our last results on the collective dynamics in coupled cavity arrays based on circuit QED architectures.
first i will discuss how to prepare out of equilibrium but stationary non trivial states driven by dissipation.
By driving and dissipation the many body system ends in a symmetry broken  and entangled state (  Apart from its fundamental interest I will discuss the possibility of using this physics for building a source of entangled photons.
I will finish with some work in progress on the quantum chaotic behaviour of coupled cavities whenever the cavities are coupled ultrastrongly.