[quantum-info] FW: Meeting and Special Issue in Memory of Slava Belavkin

Daniel Gottesman dgottesman at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon May 20 17:06:35 EDT 2013

From: John Gough [jug] [mailto:jug at aber.ac.uk]
Sent: May-18-13 2:55 PM
Subject: Meeting and Special Issue in Memory of Slava Belavkin

Dear Colleagues

We wish to announce two events dedicated to the memory of Viacheslav
"Slava" Belavkin who died last November.

We will be holding a commemorative meeting in Nottingham on 5th July 2013

https://www.maths.nottingham.ac.uk/personal/pmzmig/Slava/workshop.html

For more information, please contact either John Gough, or Madalin Guta.

We also wish to invite contributions to a special issue of Russian Journal
of Mathematical Physics dedicated to Slava's memory, and we would
particularly welcome papers relating to his pioneering work in quantum
probability and quantum control. The deadline for submissions will be
October 31st, with the likelihood to appear as issue 2 in 2014. Please
contact John Gough for more details.

With Best Regards

John Gough
Madalin Guta