[quantum-info] Today's PIQuDos: Eduardo Martin-Martinez

Markus Mueller mmueller at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon May 13 10:46:45 EDT 2013

Hi all,

this is a reminder of Eduardo Martin-Martinez' quantum information talk
today at 4pm in the Time Room.

Title: *Processing quantum information with relativistic motion of atoms*
Speaker: *Eduardo Martin-Martinez* (IQC Waterloo)

Abstract:
We show that particle detectors, such as 2-level atoms, in non-inertial
motion (or in gravitational fields) could be used to build quantum gates
for the processing of quantum information. Concretely, we show that
through suitably chosen non-inertial trajectories of the detectors the
interaction Hamiltonian's time dependence can be modulated to yield
arbitrary rotations in the Bloch sphere due to relativistic quantum effects.

Ref. Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 160501 (2013)

Date: Monday, May 13, 2013 - 4:00 pm
Location: Time Room (294)

Best,
Markus