[quantum-info] Today's PIQuDos: Robert Huebener

Markus Mueller mmueller at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon Mar 25 11:05:23 EDT 2013

Hi all,

this is a reminder of Robert Huebener's talk today at 4 pm in the Time Room.

Title: *Wick's theorem for Matrix Product states*
Speaker: *Robert Hübener* (Freie Universität Berlin)

Abstract:
Matrix product states and their continuous analogues are variational
classes of states that capture quantum many-body systems or quantum
fields with low entanglement; they are at the basis of the
density-matrix renormalization group method and continuous variants
thereof. In this talk we show that, generically, N-point functions of
arbitrary operators in discrete and continuous translation invariant
matrix product states are completely characterized by the corresponding
two- and three-point functions. Aside from having important consequences
for the structure of correlations in quantum states with low
entanglement, this result provides a new way of reconstructing unknown
states from correlation measurements e.g. for one-dimensional continuous
systems of cold atoms. We argue that such a relation of correlation
functions may help in devising perturbative approaches to interacting
theories.

Joint work with Andrea Mari and Jens Eisert.
arXiv:1207.6537

Date: Monday, March 25, 2013 - 4:00 pm
Location: Time Room (294)

Best,