[quantum-info] Today's PIQuDos

Markus Mueller mmueller at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon Mar 11 11:34:34 EDT 2013

Hi all,

this is a reminder of Oliver Gray's talk today at 4 pm in the Time Room.

Title: *Efficient distributed quantum computing*
Speaker: *Oliver Gray* (University of Bristol)

Abstract:
I will explain how to simulate arbitrary quantum circuits on a
distributed quantum computer (DQC), in which the pairs of qubits that
are allowed to interact are restricted to the edges of some (connected)
graph G.  Even for graphs with only a modest number of long-range qubit
interactions, such as the hypercube, this simulation is, in fact,
efficient.  Furthermore, for all graphs, the emulation scheme is very
close to being optimal.
Secondly I will present an efficient quantum algorithm for parallel
unrestricted memory look-up.  As an application, I will show that the
space-time trade off for Element Distinctness and Collision Finding can
be improved.
Both results arise from applying the ideas of reversible sorting
networks to quantum computing.
http://arxiv.org/abs/1207.2307

Date: Monday, March 11, 2013 - 4:00 pm
Location: Time Room (294)