[quantum-info] Next week's PIQuDos

Markus Mueller mmueller at perimeterinstitute.ca
Fri Jan 11 04:59:46 EST 2013

Hi all,

please join us on Monday at 4 pm for a PIQuDos seminar by Beni Yoshida.

Title: *Exotic topological order from quantum fractal code*
Speaker: *Beni Yoshida* (MIT and Caltech)

Abstract:
We present a family of three-dimensional local quantum codes with pairs
of fractal logical operators. It has two polynomials over finite fields
as input parameters which generate fractal shapes of anti-commuting
logical operators, and possesses exotic topological order with quantum
glassiness which is beyond descriptions of conventional topological
field theory. A necessary and sufficient condition for being free from
string-like logical operators is obtained under which the model works as
marginally self-correcting quantum memory. We also provide theoretical
tools to analyze physical and coding properties of translation symmetric
stabilizer Hamiltonians.

Date: Monday, Jan 14, 2013 - 4:00 pm
Location: Time Room (294)

Best,