[quantum-info] IQC Colloquium April 29th, Denis Vion QNC 0101

Erin Cronin emcronin at uwaterloo.ca
Sun Apr 28 15:36:03 EDT 2013

IQC Colloquium

Monday, 29 April 2013 at 2:30PM

NOTE THE ROOM CHANGE TO QNC 0101

Towards an Elementary Quantum Processor with Transmon Qubits
Denis Vion
CEA-Saclay, France

Abstract:
    We have operated a rudimentary quantum processor made of two capacitively coupled transmon qubits having individual non-destructive single-shot readouts of the “Josephson bifurcation amplier” (JBA) type. An iSWAP1/2 two-qubit gate with 90% delity was characterized by quantum process tomography, and quantum speedup was demonstrated by running the Grover search algorithm on four elements and finding the targeted element with probability in the 52-67% range after a single run. We now aim at building and operating an all-in-line 4 to 8 qubit cell with all qubits driven and read on a single microwave line. Preliminary results show that multiplexing 4 JBA readouts does work and that their crosstalk should be compatiblen with high delity single shot readout of transmons.