[quantum-info] PIQuDos Seminar on Monday: Earl Campbell

Markus Mueller mmueller at perimeterinstitute.ca
Fri Apr 12 11:15:11 EDT 2013

Dear all,

please join us on Monday at 4pm for a quantum information seminar by
Earl Campbell.

Title: *Continuous-variable entanglement distillation and
non-commutative central limit theorems*
Speaker: *Earl Campbell* (Freie Universitaet Berlin)

Abstract:
Entanglement distillation transforms weakly entangled noisy states into
highly entangled states, a primitive to be used in quantum repeater
schemes and other protocols designed for quantum communication and key
distribution. In this work, we present a comprehensive framework for
continuous-variable entanglement distillation schemes that convert noisy
non-Gaussian states into Gaussian ones in many iterations of the
protocol. Instances of these protocols include the recursive Gaussifier
protocol and the pumping Gaussifier protocol. The flexibility of these
protocols give rise to several beneficial trade-offs related to success
probabilities or memory requirements that can be adjusted to reflect
experimental specifics. Despite these protocols involving measurements,
we relate the convergence in this protocols to new instances of
non-commutative central limit theorems. Implications of the findings for
quantum repeater schemes are discussed.

Date: Monday, April 15, 2013 - 4:00 pm
Location: Time Room (294)

Best,