[quantum-info] Today's PIQuDos: Stephen Jordan

Markus Mueller mmueller at perimeterinstitute.ca
Mon Apr 8 09:20:43 EDT 2013

Hi all,

this is a reminder of Stephen Jordan's talk today at 4 pm in the Time Room.

Title: *Classical and quantum circuit obfuscation with braids*
Speaker: *Stephen Jordan* (National Institute of Standards and
Technology (NIST))

Abstract:
A circuit obfuscator is an algorithm that translates logic circuits into
functionally-equivalent similarly-sized logic circuits that are hard to
understand. While ad hoc obfuscators have been implemented, theoretical
progress has mainly been limited to no-go results. In this work, we
propose a new notion of circuit obfuscation, which we call partial
indistinguishability. We then prove that, in contrast to previous
definitions of obfuscation, partial indistinguishability obfuscation can
be achieved by a polynomial-time algorithm. Specifically, our algorithm
re-compiles the given circuit using a gate that satisfies the relations
of the braid group, and then reduces to a braid normal form. Variants of
our obfuscation algorithm can be applied to both classical and quantum
circuits.

Date: Monday, April 8, 2013 - 4:00 pm
Location: Time Room (294)

Best,