[quantum-info] Next week's PIQuDos

Markus Mueller mmueller at perimeterinstitute.ca
Fri Sep 21 11:08:14 EDT 2012

Hi all,

next week, we have a talk by Laura Mancinska on *Monday* at 4pm in the
Time Room.

Best wishes,
Markus

Title: *A generalization of Kochen-Specker sets*
Speaker: Laura Mancinska (IQC Waterloo)

Abstract: I will discuss two generalizations of Kochen-Specker (KS)
sets: projective KS sets and generalized KS sets. We will see that
projective KS sets can be used to characterize all graphs for which the
chromatic number is strictly larger than the quantum chromatic number.
Here, the quantum chromatic number is defined via a nonlocal game based
on graph coloring. We will further show that from any graph with
separation between these two quantities, one can construct a classical
channel for which entanglement assistance increases the one-shot
zero-error capacity. As an example, we will consider a new family of
classical channels with an exponential increase.