[quantum-info] Reminder: Quantum information seminar today

Markus Mueller mmueller at perimeterinstitute.ca
Wed Nov 28 08:28:58 EST 2012

Hi all,

this is a reminder of Asma Al-Qasimi's talk today at 4pm in the Time Room.

Best wishes,
Markus

Title: *Quantification and Evolution of Quantum Correlations
**
* Speaker: Asma Al-Qasimi (University of Toronto)

Abstract:
Quantum correlations are correlations that we do not experience in our
everyday life, but that require quantum mechanics to describe them. One
of the reasons that they are of interest is their potential power in
building quantum technologies. The problem of how to quantify these
correlations is not completely resolved. Today, I will talk about
several of these attempts. I will also give some examples in which these
quantification methods are used to study the evolution of quantum
correlations. My focus will be on bipartite quantum systems.